I am still on the detox buzz .... and as we’re in winter, why not make a recipe that is a delicious, nourishing soup! Celeriac is a winter root vegetable that is packed with loads of nutrients.
This recipe is an old one from the “London days” (I probably needed more than this soup to detox then!!!).
1 medium onion
A large knob of butter or ghee
1 largish celeriac
1 litre of your favourite vegetable stock
2 bay leaves
A pinch of dried rosemary
A smidgen of dried sage
Sea salt (to taste)
ground black pepper (to taste)
100ml double cream (or vegan alternative cream)
A generous handful (or two) of flat leaf parsley
1. Peel and roughly chop the vegetables.
2. Put a large pot or pan on a gentle heat and fry the onions in the butter or gee for roughly 10 mins until soft.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the cream and parsley) and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce to a simmer until the vegetables are soft.
4. Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup.
5. Add the cream and parsley, stir through, and serve immediately.