Now that I am on the lentil buzz I am hooked. This is a crowd pleaser!
1 cup / 200g dried green or yellow lentils
1 cup / 200g vegetable or chicken broth
1 1/2 cups / 375 ml water
1 large garlic clove, smashed
5cm Lemon peel
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs thyme
1 rib celery, chopped into three bits
250 g / 8oz cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, chopped
1 red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
crumbled feta (as much as you like!)
2 handfuls rocket
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup / 85 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp sugar, optional
Good grind of salt + pepper
1. Place Lentil ingredients in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to simmer then turn down to medium low. Cook for 20 minutes for firm (I like this) or 25 minutes for soft. DO NOT overcook and make it mushy!
2. Drain in a colander, pick out celery etc. Rinse VERY quickly just to remove any grit coating the lentils (don't want to rinse away flavour!). Set aside.
3. Place Dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well.
4. Place lentils, tomato, cucumber, onion, coriander, parsley and some of the feta in a large bowl. Pour over most of the Dressing, then toss.
5. Place rocket lon a serving platter. Pile salad on top. Drizzle over remaining Dressing and crumble over feta. Serve!