I made this last week and it was a hit! Love these fresh and vibrant flavours. YUM!
Ingredients (serves 2)
400g shrimp, de-veined and tails removed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp mayo
1 tsp tabasco sauce (or adjust to your liking)
1 spring onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 small cucumber, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
1 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 avocado, diced
Sesame seeds, to top
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the shrimp, and cook on each side until shrimp turns pink and is cooked all the way through. When shrimp is done cooking, transfer to a bowl, and let cool.
2. Chop up the shrimp, and then mix in the mayo, sriracha, and spring onion
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato, cucumber, red onion, coriander, sesame oil, and a squeeze of lime.
4. In another bowl, add the diced avocado and a squeeze of lime, and lightly mash with a fork, leaving some chunks.
5. Add your food rings to a plate (use two for 2 portions, or use a “1 cup” measuring cup and do one at a time) and add the mashed avocado to the bottom layer. Press down firmly on the top. Then add the shrimp, and press down again. Repeat with the tomato layer. Gently remove the ring, and top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.